Forums

Forum Home > General discussion > Sticky: New Members Section

redhollywood

Hey all you new members. Introduce yourselves here and get to know people. Make your zombie moans heard!!!!

--

I am the bee's knees. I vomit greatness and shit glory. Jesus got nothing on me.

November 12, 2010 at 7:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

iWesley

hahah fuck i didnt notice you made one, i had to erase mine

my names wes and i like dinosaur shape chicken nuggets and eatting pizza on the reg

November 12, 2010 at 2:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Darby

I wish Ivan Halen would post.  best screen name ever.

--

November 12, 2010 at 4:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Carl Grimes

That is a rad name if I do say so myself.Which I do.

My names Carl (although thats not my real name) and I am a zombie geek and lover of all things meat.I dont like Veganism.I am heavily tattooed and something of a hoarder.

I also molest newbies....

Welcome!

--

"Social Justice Warriors are a disease and I am the cure"

Xbox One Tag: ChokingVictim87

November 12, 2010 at 6:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tym

Hiya all.  My name's Tym, and I'm a zombiholic.  I've struggled with (ok, ok, "thoroughly enjoyed" is a better term) this disease since the day I watched Romero's Dawn of the Dead as a kid, and spent the rest of the day running around the house shooting invisible zombies.

I found this forum while obsessively searching between episodes for information/reviews/forum discussions about the series.

I checked out a couple forums, and this one seemed like it had the best conversations going on - and I was pleasantly surprised to find it also had an easy facebook sign up/in after I decided I would join it.

November 12, 2010 at 8:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

redhollywood

Welcome Tym!!!! We are glad you chose to post with us!!! You are surrounded by zombie nuts!! Literally....my nuts died a long time ago but they are still alive somehow.

--

I am the bee's knees. I vomit greatness and shit glory. Jesus got nothing on me.

November 12, 2010 at 10:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Firebee
Hello all! I'm also pretty new here. Discovered TWD and this fanclub by accident. And I'm glad I did. Since I'm from the Netherlands, I can't enjoy TWD like you do. It's torrenting only so far for me. After I had seen episode 1 I immediately ordered the comics, I've yet to receive Book One so I can't start yet.
November 13, 2010 at 5:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SizzleSister

Well, I'll reintroduce myself here. I'm SizzleSister. Zombies scare the crap out of me. They do. I'm not one of those people that can watch TWD with the lights off. However, I watch/read everything I can involving zombies. I've yet to read the comic books, however I'm not one for suprises so I have already looked up all I could about what happens.

November 13, 2010 at 5:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ZombieHero

Welcome noobs! I'm ZombieHero you're local Super Hero around these here parts. What's my super power you ask? Well I have the ability of Foggy memory. What’s Foggy memory, basically I’m so easily forgettable you won’t even realize I’m in the room and I use this ability to protect all of you from danger. The only danger I can't save you from is Carl's extremely over moisturized European girl hands. Not even Superman could stop that from happening, so I suggest you drop your britches and think of England while trying your hardest not to enjoy it too much (this just eggs him on). There are a few members my powers don't work on (Carl, Red, and Wes to name a few), but for the most part it's consistent.

Now understand that our major commodity here is trading barbs and trash talk (it's the stock that never drops in the S&P or NASDAQ), but if things get too much for you don't be afraid to voice your opinion or tell us to cool down the language and I will fade into the shadows to avoid punishment from Lord Siekone and leave you to the dogs. No one likes a whiner. . .

I kid, it's what I do! Seriously though, never be afraid of anyone here. This isn't the image boards and all of your moderators are very helpful. You can even ask the veterans of the board for help if someone starts bulling you, I won't stand for that bull shit!

We want you to have fun and most of all POST! The more you post, the more fun all of us will have! Well I hope to see most you around this grand ol’ sanctuary of ours, but I'm sure you've already forgotten we've met.

Trust me; you are going to love it here. Siekone and Crew run the absolute best fansite on the web. I consider this place to be like an extended family and hopefully you will too.

--

I'm a Detective for lost souls, I'm the hero for the damned, I am Zombie Hero

November 13, 2010 at 6:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Firebee

SizzleSister at November 13, 2010 at 5:48 AM

Well, I'll reintroduce myself here. I'm SizzleSister. Zombies scare the crap out of me. They do. I'm not one of those people that can watch TWD with the lights off. However, I watch/read everything I can involving zombies. I've yet to read the comic books, however I'm not one for suprises so I have already looked up all I could about what happens.

If you haven't, check out 'Handling the Undead' by John Ajvide Lindqvist. Quite an original take on zombies. I'd recommend it to all zombie fans.
November 13, 2010 at 7:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SizzleSister

Firebee, thanks for the recommendation, I just put it on hold at the library.

November 13, 2010 at 7:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

redhollywood

Patient Zero is a good book....its like 24 with zombies.

--

November 13, 2010 at 7:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tym

The scene where Rick and company took a moment to pull out the guy they were about to dice up's ID and pay tribute his his former human self reminded me of the main character in the book 'Dying to Live' by Kim Paffenroth.  When you're first introduced to him in the book, he pulls the ID out of the pocket of a zombie he dispatches and pays tribute to the human that zombie was before it happened, and he talks about how it's a little ritual he performs to keep his humanity in tact.  I wonder if that book had any influence on that scene in the show (also wonder if the comic might have influenced the book, as there's part that takes place in a prison).

It was an ok book, I'd say worth reading for zombie fans (probably not anyone else though).  It has a more philosophical approach to living and dealing with a zombie apocalypse, which was cool in a way, but there were a few parts where the main character's philosophical musings bordered on obnoxious - barely managing to keep on the side of the line of things that might pass through my head in such a scenario.  For me, the last sentence spoken by a character at the end of the book made it all worth it though - an awesomely hilarious line.

'Day by Day Armageddon' by J. L. Bourne, aside from Brooks' 'WWZ', is probably my favorite zombie novel that I've read.

November 13, 2010 at 12:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

iWesley

we got some nice new people

November 13, 2010 at 1:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Fatalthoughtz

Welcome to the site Tym and SizzleSister!! Glad to have both of you here! Don't worry we don't bite, except Carl :D

--

BF3 Stats

November 14, 2010 at 6:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

redhollywood

yeah but carl's biting is always sensual

--

November 14, 2010 at 8:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ZombieHero

Well, if you're female stay away from Wes too.  He's called the Slayer for a reason

--

I'm a Detective for lost souls, I'm the hero for the damned, I am Zombie Hero

November 14, 2010 at 9:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sythy

hi everyone im a zombie loving scottish guy have been since my paw let me watch dawn of the dead when i was a bairn . have also infected my bairns with the zombie bug :lol:

November 14, 2010 at 2:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Darby

welcome to the site sythy!

--

November 14, 2010 at 2:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

iWesley

ZombieHero at November 14, 2010 at 9:52 AM

Well, if you're female stay away from Wes too.  He's called the Slayer for a reason

this is tru, i have been known to rock a girls jaw a few times in my life too by accident

November 14, 2010 at 3:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.