Forums

Forum Home > General discussion > The Final 100 Variant

Carl Grimes

Ok,so here is the final issue 100 variant-its only available to "Walkers" and competitors of The Walking Dead Escape at Comicon

‘The Walking Dead’: Check out the final variant cover of issue #100 — EXCLUSIVE

We already knew that the 100th issue of Robert Kirkman’s Walking Dead comic would be published with an array of covers. But it turns out getting your hands on the twelfth and final cover is going to be as traumatic and/or as thrilling as experiencing an undead apocalypse. Why? Because to get your hands on that comic you will literally have to experience the traumas and/or thrills of an undead apocalypse.

EW can reveal that comics featuring the twelfth variant cover will only be available to fans who buy tickets for the zombie-filled Walking Dead Escape obstacle course event which is taking place at San Diego’s Petco Park on the Thursday, Friday, and Saturday of Comic-Con weekend. The good news is that Kirkman’s Skybound imprint is giving away the comic for free to “Survivors,” “Walkers,” and spectators. The other good news is that you can get an exclusive look at the variant cover below.

The artist responsible for the image of Rick making like a post-apocalyptic Usain Bolt is Matthew Roberts, who previously collaborated with Kirkman on the Battle Pope comic. “I’ve had the pleasure of working with Matt Roberts since the very earliest days of my career,” Kirkman said in a statement. “I couldn’t be more thrilled that he’s coming back to comics to work with Skybound and I can’t think of a better way of reintroducing him to the world of comics than with this cover, commemorating The Walking Dead Escape and our monumental issue 100.”

--

"Social Justice Warriors are a disease and I am the cure"

Xbox One Tag: ChokingVictim87

June 20, 2012 at 6:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Darby

fuckers, i knew they'd do another one.  dammit...

--

June 20, 2012 at 7:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Nina

the covers are so...teasing...

--

When in a highly public place, I often [secretly] observe my sorroundings and the people around me and ask myself, "If 99% of the people around me were zombies...and I had but seconds to respond, what would my plan be?" ~ Nina, Zombie enthusiast

June 20, 2012 at 7:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ZombieHero

Dudes and Canuck dudet, I'm going to try my hardest to get my hands on a ticket for this. If I can, I will try to video record or take pictures of the event. I live 80 miles from Petco. This actually sounds kind of fun. Two issues that could stop me - cost and my warehouse where I work is having inventory that weekend so all days off requests are denied

--

I'm a Detective for lost souls, I'm the hero for the damned, I am Zombie Hero

June 20, 2012 at 10:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Carl Grimes

Bummer-i want this variant

--

"Social Justice Warriors are a disease and I am the cure"

Xbox One Tag: ChokingVictim87

June 21, 2012 at 3:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

iWesley

i actually like this cover, better then most of yhe other variants

June 23, 2012 at 8:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

glenntwd

So, I wonder if any of the variant covers actually happens inside #100. Or are they all misdirection.

--

Hilltoppin'.

June 23, 2012 at 11:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

iWesley

im pretty sure they are just pictures that the artist drew up really, whenever its a variant cover it usually just is some random thing

June 24, 2012 at 12:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.