Forums

Forum Home > General discussion > TWD #100 purchases...

Duppy

So with this coming up quick what is everyone grabbing? Also SDCC is the same day, anyone waiting to see what comes up from that? Not a fan of the #100 boxset to be honest.

I'm waiting to see if skybound throws up a HC compendium during or after SDCC. I think they can sell all 900 copies left if they really want to.

I've pre-ordered 4 different covers, Silvestri,McFarlane,Chromium and Ottley. I'd like the 1:200 but that price is too high.

July 5, 2012 at 2:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

The Walking Ed

I'm not a big fan of having tons of variant covers for one issue so I decided to not buy any at all.

I heard they will be raffling tickets at SDCC each day just to be able to buy 1 of the 900 HC Compendium!

I will try my luck to get one! :)

--

July 5, 2012 at 5:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Carl Grimes

Ive got all the variants ordered inc a signed Adlard one.Tempted to get that silk screned box set but I dunno yet

--

"Social Justice Warriors are a disease and I am the cure"

Xbox One Tag: ChokingVictim87

July 5, 2012 at 7:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

iWesley

coverim prob only gonna get the ottley

July 5, 2012 at 9:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Darby

I have everything except the SDCC Escape variant, the Ottley B/W, and the two mystery covers under the Chrome cover in the pic below.

has anyone heard ANYTHING about the Ottley b/w and the other two i can't identify?

--

July 6, 2012 at 2:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Darby

rumor has it that the White mystery cover is a blank cover for sketching at SDCC.

--

July 6, 2012 at 2:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Darby

I'm gonna guess that the b/w Ottley is another ComicsPro variant. 

--

July 6, 2012 at 2:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ZombieHero

Carl Grimes at July 5, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Ive got all the variants ordered inc a signed Adlard one.Tempted to get that silk screned box set but I dunno yet

So you pulled the trigger my brother? Nicely done
--

I'm a Detective for lost souls, I'm the hero for the damned, I am Zombie Hero

July 6, 2012 at 5:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Darby

Darby at July 6, 2012 at 2:32 PM

I have everything except the SDCC Escape variant, the Ottley B/W, and the two mystery covers under the Chrome cover in the pic below.

has anyone heard ANYTHING about the Ottley b/w and the other two i can't identify?

anybody talking about these mystery variants?  any ideas?

--

July 8, 2012 at 2:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Carl Grimes

HOW THE HELL HAVE YOU GOT THESE NOW DARBY!?

--

"Social Justice Warriors are a disease and I am the cure"

Xbox One Tag: ChokingVictim87

July 8, 2012 at 7:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Darby

no, those aren't mine.  just a pic to show the 3 covers i've never seen before.  this is some dude from Image's pic.

--

July 8, 2012 at 7:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

mikeislegend

i got A-H and the Chromium eiditon from midtowncomics.com ....initially i wasn't going to... but i buckled.

--

July 11, 2012 at 4:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

undeadpizzaboy

I need to find a local comic book store because Barnes and Nobles is exoensive.

--

the zomboligist.

July 11, 2012 at 4:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ZombieHero

I will save my money. The only variant that will be worth anything in the future will be the 200 print one. The others are so overly printed they will only be worth cover value. Mostly sentimental value

--

I'm a Detective for lost souls, I'm the hero for the damned, I am Zombie Hero

July 11, 2012 at 4:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jimmy Blue Eyes

i have all 8 covers...plus the chromium one...now if i can find a sdcc cover, all will be well in my universe.

--

I used to be lost in the shuffle...now I shuffle along with the lost.

July 11, 2012 at 8:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Darby

I grabbed the 8 covers, the chromium, and the b/w wraparound.  and i ordered the b/w sdcc.  gonna keep it at that, though, unless some of the others appear for cheap.  which ain't gonna happen.  I can't believe i went from missing just 2 TWD variants to like 6, most being retardedly expensive.  Probably gonna start ebaying my collection once season 3 hits.

--

July 11, 2012 at 10:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jimmy Blue Eyes

your collection...like as in...a complete collection?

--

I used to be lost in the shuffle...now I shuffle along with the lost.

July 11, 2012 at 11:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Darby

nope, got a couple large holes.  missing (i think) 9-18 and couple single issues up to #30.    those teen issues are too expensive now.  wish i got em before the show started.  got all the variants up to but not including the #94 expo variants. 

still haven't decided on selling yet.  Once #1 hits $1,000, it'll be hard not to, though.

--

July 12, 2012 at 6:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.