Forums

Forum Home > General discussion > Things I'm unclear on (spoilers)

Roy

Hey guys theres a couple things I'm a bit unclear on and hope you guys can fill me in.

First is; what exactly happened to Duane? When I first read that issue I throught he was killed by a group of looters who were attacking houses not caring who they hurt to get what they wanted. Morgan then killed them thus the skeletons on the floor.  When his boy turned he chained him up. But, when I read the dead character list it says he was killed by a zombie and in a recent letter in the letter hacks section it says Morgan was feeding him which seems right as Kirkman didn't correct the person and makes sense when Rick is about to tell Michonne something about Morgan, when Andrea interupts by shouting about Dale being gone in the latest issue. To be honest found it a bit confusing when I read that part of the story so not a surprise I misunderstood what happened.

Secondly; I get the impression we are never sure who Judith's father was but the dead character list clearly shows it to be Shane. Did someone on this site make that list? Or is it something official taken from an issue of the comic as I only own the later singles. I saw a reference to something about a dead list being printed in the letter hacks section. I know there's a scene in the prison where Lori is talking to someone (I think it was Carol) that she is showing a bigger belly then she expected by now and "Carol" says maybe she is further then she thought which led me to believe there was a chance she got pregnant before Rick got shot. Although thinking more about it, it could also have meant she thought she got pregnant by Rick in the camp outside Atlanta but it was actually Shane before they got to the camp.

So yeah, thoughts? :)

July 11, 2009 at 3:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bonitis_Victim

It was (i think) never stated whether or not Rick was the father but it was hinted that Shane was actually the father.

As for Duane, he was zombified at some point and Morgan fed those people to his son because he loved Duane too much to kill him.

July 11, 2009 at 5:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JuGGaLo-NiNJA

We asked Dead Lori and she said that Shane was the father. :tongue:

As for Duane I don't think it was ever said exatcly how he died. The Looters just got fed to him like Bonitis_Victim said.

--

Starve your fear, feed your life. You'll find that you might be completely different all together.

And then you'll decide which one you like better.

July 11, 2009 at 7:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bonitis_Victim

JuGGaLo-NiNJA at 07:17PM on Jul 11, 2009

We asked Dead Lori and she said that Shane was the father. :tongue:

As for Duane I don't think it was ever said exatcly how he died. The Looters just got fed to him like Bonitis_Victim said.

For a dead woman she's pretty smart

July 11, 2009 at 8:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Joseph

i thought it was said that at some point he was bitten. i'm gonna have check because i'm not sure.

July 11, 2009 at 10:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JuGGaLo-NiNJA

At first I thought it did say but then I went back and looked at that issue and it doesnt say. Mabye they did talk about it somewhere along the way. Guess I need to reread!

--

Starve your fear, feed your life. You'll find that you might be completely different all together.

July 11, 2009 at 10:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bonitis_Victim

I really need to reread it, I asumed he was bitten as it seemed the simplest solution. I'm pretty sure it never said what happened to him tho.

July 11, 2009 at 10:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JuGGaLo-NiNJA

gotta remeber tho in TWD you dont need to get bitten to turn.

--

July 11, 2009 at 11:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bonitis_Victim

but the bites usually kill if not treated so thats why i figured he'd been bitten. I suppose its not important what killed him, as long as we know that he became a zombie afterwards.

July 12, 2009 at 12:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

dave

We assume Shane was the father of the late Judith because all signs point to it.  Rick, while having a talk with Dale back in Atlanta, said he only had sex with Lori once or twice.  And it wasn't really in a timeframe to meet the announcement of being pregnant without a piss-test.

Women pee on those pregnancy tests, if you didn't know.

All sensors show the baby was Shane's, captain.

You don't need to get bitten to turn... but you do need to die.  Duane, however, was bitten - and the bite causes a person to die.  It's like a bite from a komodo dragon, man.  Unless you get immediate medical help, or you're REALLY lucky, you're pretty much fucked.

July 17, 2009 at 2:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JuGGaLo-NiNJA

dave at 02:16PM on Jul 17, 2009

We assume Shane was the father of the late Judith because all signs point to it.  Rick, while having a talk with Dale back in Atlanta, said he only had sex with Lori once or twice.  And it wasn't really in a timeframe to meet the announcement of being pregnant without a piss-test.

You don't need to get bitten to turn... but you do need to die.  Duane, however, was bitten - and the bite causes a person to die.  It's like a bite from a komodo dragon, man.  Unless you get immediate medical help, or you're REALLY lucky, you're pretty much fucked.

What issue did they say Duane was bitten? I was looking for it?

--

July 17, 2009 at 2:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Eric

JuGGaLo-NiNJA at 02:37PM on Jul 17, 2009

dave at 02:16PM on Jul 17, 2009

What issue did they say Duane was bitten? I was looking for it?

I am pretty sure it was in the issue when the go back to Rick's home town and find him. He says something about hear him scream "DADDY!!!!" and when he ran into the room one of those 'Things had him"

--

July 17, 2009 at 3:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bonitis_Victim

Yep in #58 Morgan says that he heard Duane shouting "Daddy! Daddy!"

He then says that by the time he got there, it was too late. It doesn't say he was bitten, it just states that was killed. Its up to the reader I guess.

July 17, 2009 at 4:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rick's Stump

#58 was when Rick, Carl & Abraham meet up with Morgan. On the "Who's Judith's father?" I think all signs point to Shane. But in the end we'll never really know.

--

repectthestumpB.jpg picture by argo1965

July 17, 2009 at 7:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Roy

Cheers guys that sorta clears things up... in a way :tongue:

July 20, 2009 at 7:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rick's Stump

Anyway to help anytime. :)

--

repectthestumpB.jpg picture by argo1965

July 20, 2009 at 9:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bonitis_Victim