Forums

Forum Home > General discussion > How can a TV series work...

feuchtwanger

when we know all the spoilers?  I mean,  as soon as Rick finds Lori I can point to the screen and say, "she's pregnant with his friends baby- but her and the baby get killed anyway."?  I am a huge fan of TWD but will they have to make drastic changes to the plot, characters or timeline?

August 19, 2009 at 11:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bonitis_Victim

I think the plot twists will surprise a ton of people who haven't read it. Even if you know what will happen, it won't matter as long as it's well acted and made.

August 20, 2009 at 12:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

feuchtwanger

yeah, but, would Lost or Sopranos work if you know (or could google) the plot twists in advance?

August 20, 2009 at 12:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bonitis_Victim

I don't think that would ruin the show. Does watching a movie based on a book ruin the movie just because you read the book? The fans of the comic aren't watching for plot twists, they are watching because they enjoyed the source material. As for people who haven't read the comics, just about any movie or TV show based on a book or comic book could have it's plot spoiled with a google search. Heck, any movie or tv show that has been released so far could be spoiled with a quick trip to Wikipedia. People who enjoy the show might pick up the comic and spoil the next season's plot but that in no way (in my opinion) would ruin the show.

August 20, 2009 at 2:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Roy

I agree with Bonitis. I know all the plot and twists and can't wait to see it made into a tv show. There will be loads of people who watch this show that will have never even heard of the comic that will be able to enjoy the twists. I'll still enjoy them even though I know they're coming. Even though we know the Gov survives Michonne's revenge attack how can anyone not look forward to seeing him storming the prison in a tank?

August 20, 2009 at 6:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Carl Grimes

And getting a kissy off his zombie "daughter":tongue:

--

"Social Justice Warriors are a disease and I am the cure"

Xbox One Tag: ChokingVictim87

August 20, 2009 at 6:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rick's Stump

The show is being handled by Darabont. Trust him to take the material of the book. He'll make it fresh and exciting for people who follow the book and also make it enjoyable to new fans.

--

repectthestumpB.jpg picture by argo1965

August 20, 2009 at 7:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SIEKONE
Site Owner

arrgghh I can not wait,

--

August 20, 2009 at 9:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rick's Stump

SIEKONE at 09:55AM on Aug 20, 2009

arrgghh I can not wait,

Oh, Dear! The PAIN! :lol:

--

August 20, 2009 at 10:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

feuchtwanger

pheww...I see your point and it makes sense...I got so excited about this announcement - I am paranoid it is not going to work out- but I think Kirkman knows not to sell to someone who will make it just another zombie show

August 20, 2009 at 3:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rick's Stump

feuchtwanger at 03:07PM on Aug 20, 2009

pheww...I see your point and it makes sense...I got so excited about this announcement - I am paranoid it is not going to work out- but I think Kirkman knows not to sell to someone who will make it just another zombie show

Hey. I freaked out when Robert said if Michael Bay wanted to do Walking Dead film, he'd be all for it. I'm sure Robert is excited that Darabont is doing the shaow. Plus, Gale Anne Hurd is a great executive producer. The time waiting for the show to air is going to be very painful.

--

August 20, 2009 at 3:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Joseph

This show is gonna be great. I do think though some things may be changed or omitted entriely. Like I kinda think the whole Govie and his daughter making out at the battle might be dropped or the whole sub-plot is dropped entirely. And like i've said before in another thread, Maybe Jim is gonna be dropped and his story is gonna be apart of Shanes which might make it more sense why he goes nuts and says he has no one. But I'm hoping none of this happens but I know something will get dropped.

August 20, 2009 at 5:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rick's Stump

I hope they keep the Governors Zed head TV tanks. That was brilliant!

--

August 20, 2009 at 7:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.