Forums

Forum Home > The Walking Dead News Feed > TWD story in my life

glenntwd

Last night as I was on lunch, a coworker told me that there were TWD volumes 1,2, and 3 by the books at Walmart. At first I thought he was just messin with me because he knows how much I love the series. So I go check up front. There they were, at a little zombie/vampire section by the magazines. Of course you know, I was like NO. WAY. DUDE.  At a Walmart? Right before the show is about to air too? So I open volume 2 and flip through the pages. The quality of the pages are really poor. Not like the very good quality pages from the volumes you get from your LCS, or Borders. It felt like notebook paper, seriously. But it's TWD. Then it made me wonder if Image and Walmart made a deal to ship  volumes with the lower quality paper, or are they knock offs? Someone who never owned the volumes from a LCS or Borders would never even ask this question, because they wouldn't know better. I wonder if Walmart is gonna start carrying volumes 4-12 also. And how many people are gonna just read through them all and buy any of them. Probably lots and lots of people. I guess what I'm saying is.....after the show airs, the series is really going to explode. Check out your local Walmart, guys. It's kinda interesting.

Siekone, prepare for heavy traffic and countless stupid comments. 

--

Hilltoppin'.

October 11, 2010 at 9:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

iWesley

thats pretty shitty man, fuck wal mart

October 11, 2010 at 2:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

redhollywood

hmm i am going to check my local walmart and see if they are there

--

I am the bee's knees. I vomit greatness and shit glory. Jesus got nothing on me.

October 11, 2010 at 8:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Darby

did they remove all of the adult content/language?  i can't imagine a cashier enforcing the mature reader suggestion.

--

October 11, 2010 at 10:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Darby

this might lead to some bad (good) publicity.

--

October 11, 2010 at 10:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

iWesley

Darby at October 11, 2010 at 10:11 PM

this might lead to some bad (good) publicity.

prob more bad

October 12, 2010 at 3:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

redhollywood

glad i looked at this thread...i have to go to wal mart today so I will check if they are there

--

I am the bee's knees. I vomit greatness and shit glory. Jesus got nothing on me.

October 12, 2010 at 8:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

glenntwd

Check them out, guys. Let me know what you think of the quality. They're not terrible, but it's not as good as the normal volumes. I forgot to check if they left the cussing in. It would be so fucking ridiculous if the volumes are edited too like their cd's. It's so weird to me seeing TWD at a Walmart. It's like GET YOUR FILTHY CORPORATE HANDS OFF MY WIFE!!!

--

Hilltoppin'.

October 12, 2010 at 9:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rick's Stump

THEY CHANGED THE TYREESE DEATH SCENE!

--

repectthestumpB.jpg picture by argo1965

October 12, 2010 at 10:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

iWesley

rofl hahaha

October 12, 2010 at 2:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Carl Grimes