Forums

Forum Home > General discussion > Shelter during a zombie outbreak

Bonitis_Victim

Where would you hide during a zombie outbreak? I would try maybe thetop floor of an office building, burn the stairs but have a rope ladderout of several different windows for alternate escapes. Of course the mountains would be a good choice to according to the Zombie SurvivalGuide.

May 3, 2009 at 11:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SIEKONE
Site Owner

I always thought tree houses or roofs would be the most logical choices.

May 3, 2009 at 11:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

redhollywood

All right here is my idea and if it ever happens feel free to join me. I live on the gulf coast so we have plenty of beach houses around here. Beach houses are all on stilts and most have generators. So what I would do is get a friend with a boat we drive the boat all the way to a beach house and anchor it just off the beach. We then get into the house quickly make a pulley system to deliever goods up and get several ladders for quick access. We use the boat for fishing so we can always have food. I would also build a makeshift wall around the beach house for extra protection. What do you think?

--

I am the bee's knees. I vomit greatness and shit glory. Jesus got nothing on me.

May 4, 2009 at 8:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bonitis_Victim

damn red, great idea, unless them zombie sharks getcha

May 4, 2009 at 8:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

redhollywood

Yeah gotta watch out for those. Other than that it is a pretty good idea. There aren't any trees or cover for a long way so you can see what is coming. 

--

I am the bee's knees. I vomit greatness and shit glory. Jesus got nothing on me.

May 5, 2009 at 8:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rick's Stump

Climbing high is good, but what about food and water?

May 5, 2009 at 10:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Skooby77

What about when the hoarde arrives and you have run out of supplies? Or what about bodily waste removal? You don't want to just be throwing that stuff out the window, eventually you will end up with a big stinking pile of ... outside of your window.

I have a plan, but if you are not located in or near MN, then it is of no use to you, if you are however, send me a note and yu might be privy to survivng with me in luxury :D

--

http://www.seanfischerphotography.com

May 5, 2009 at 10:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

redhollywood

Underground shelter could work as well the only problem would be no way to escape if there was infiltration. 

--

May 5, 2009 at 11:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bonitis_Victim

Yeah waste removal would be easy on a boat, the whole ocean is your toilet

May 5, 2009 at 1:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rick's Stump

Bonitis_Victim at 01:44PM on May 05, 2009

Yeah waste removal would be easy on a boat, the whole ocean is your toilet

Plus, you can fish to eat and filter salt water to drink.

--

repectthestumpB.jpg picture by argo1965

May 5, 2009 at 2:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

redhollywood

exactly that is why i thought it would be such a good idea. 

--

May 5, 2009 at 4:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rick's Stump

In the end, the human race would be over. You need several hundred people to keep the gene pool clean and people would have to breed like rabbits.

--

repectthestumpB.jpg picture by argo1965

May 5, 2009 at 4:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

iWesley

the beach house thing is a great idea, i think id just like to be living in a music store with a generator, and just write music and record it until i die. if the whole thing blows over someone will find this awsome masterpiece and itll be the best thing that ever happened to music

May 18, 2009 at 11:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Monoxide

redhollywood at 08:04AM on May 04, 2009

All right here is my idea and if it ever happens feel free to join me. I live on the gulf coast so we have plenty of beach houses around here. Beach houses are all on stilts and most have generators. So what I would do is get a friend with a boat we drive the boat all the way to a beach house and anchor it just off the beach. We then get into the house quickly make a pulley system to deliever goods up and get several ladders for quick access. We use the boat for fishing so we can always have food. I would also build a makeshift wall around the beach house for extra protection. What do you think?

Damn red...it sounds...great actually. You must have read Day by Day:  Armageddon haha

May 18, 2009 at 11:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

redhollywood

actually no I haven't but I have always thought it would be a great idea. 

--

May 19, 2009 at 12:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

dave

Don't you guys learn anything from The Walking Dead?

Gotta keep moving.

May 19, 2009 at 2:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

redhollywood

moving my ass...i am slow.

--

May 19, 2009 at 3:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

iWesley

redhollywood at 03:35PM on May 19, 2009

moving my ass...i am slow.

id be cool with dying after i make the greatest album ever made

May 19, 2009 at 5:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

redhollywood

ha ha ha....or some awesome homemade shark tacos...wes you are going to come down here one day and we are going to the beach catching a shark, cleaning it, and frying that bitch up and making some shark tacos. 

--

May 19, 2009 at 7:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

iWesley

redhollywood at 07:40PM on May 19, 2009

ha ha ha....or some awesome homemade shark tacos...wes you are going to come down here one day and we are going to the beach catching a shark, cleaning it, and frying that bitch up and making some shark tacos. 

can we also set a pool on fire and roast marshmellows on it? that looked so cool

May 19, 2009 at 11:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.