Forums

Forum Home > The Walking Dead News Feed > New site rebuild: Version 4.0

SIEKONE
Site Owner

I would like everyones opinion on the site changes or any suggestions as to what may help or improve the site, Thank you ahead of time for your feedback and as always thank you for joing the # 1 Walking dead fan site on the web!

--

June 12, 2012 at 1:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

MR. ZED HEAD 2.0
I will forever be a fan and a supporter of twdfc and siekone!
--

MRH?

June 12, 2012 at 2:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SIEKONE
Site Owner

oh snap! I love it when old schoolers make a apperance, good to see you dood!

--

June 12, 2012 at 2:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

iWesley

hahaha tru, i did like the old format better, this just seems to look like comments on a blog i think the white backaround is weird, but ill still be posting again

June 12, 2012 at 2:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

MR. ZED HEAD 2.0
Nom nom nom.... :)
--

MRH?

June 12, 2012 at 2:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Carl Grimes

I agree with wes dude,not keen on the white tbh.Hey Mr Zed!!!

--

"Social Justice Warriors are a disease and I am the cure"

Xbox One Tag: ChokingVictim87

June 12, 2012 at 4:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Nina

sometimes "something new" or "changes" in general may be difficult to get used to.  As long as the content is easy to access, it shouldn't matter what the layout looks like.  We just need to keep in mind, can members easily access the content they're looking for.  If so...it's good.  If not, they wont come back and wont tell their friends.  I personally think we need to maintain a sense of familiarity.  Maybe there should be zombie pictures in the background or som'n like that.  If it's a walking dead fan club...lets see some walking dead.

--

When in a highly public place, I often [secretly] observe my sorroundings and the people around me and ask myself, "If 99% of the people around me were zombies...and I had but seconds to respond, what would my plan be?" ~ Nina, Zombie enthusiast

June 12, 2012 at 5:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Capo

keep up the good work, greetings from austria.

--

June 12, 2012 at 8:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

MR. ZED HEAD 2.0
Agreed the white seems weird but ....its all good!
--

MRH?

June 12, 2012 at 9:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ZombieHero

Siek, I have to agree that while the white appears weird, I don't mind. I trust you and will follow you into hell

--

I'm a Detective for lost souls, I'm the hero for the damned, I am Zombie Hero

June 12, 2012 at 11:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Darby

I don't mind the white, the text could be a bit darker tho.

my only recommendation so far is that we need the "recent posts" link back or have the threads default to the most recent post.  i know it's only a few extra clicks from page 1, but people will end up just avoiding large threads.  like the welcome to the forums thread.

--

June 12, 2012 at 5:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Darby

also, the directory on the left side of the page was a good feature.

--

June 12, 2012 at 5:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SIEKONE
Site Owner

I agree about the most recent post, I changed it back. 

--

June 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jimmy Blue Eyes

2 thumbs up

--

I used to be lost in the shuffle...now I shuffle along with the lost.

June 12, 2012 at 7:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

iWesley

Nina at June 12, 2012 at 5:27 AM

sometimes "something new" or "changes" in general may be difficult to get used to.  As long as the content is easy to access, it shouldn't matter what the layout looks like.  We just need to keep in mind, can members easily access the content they're looking for.  If so...it's good.  If not, they wont come back and wont tell their friends.  I personally think we need to maintain a sense of familiarity.  Maybe there should be zombie pictures in the background or som'n like that.  If it's a walking dead fan club...lets see some walking dead.

not really, a bad lookin forum can make people not wanna go to it no matter how good the news is, ive heard that from many people who frequent different boards, i dont think this is bad but im just sayin that does happen

June 13, 2012 at 12:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

The Euge

Bottom line, the new forums are a vast improvement because I can actually log in and post. For whatever reason, I would get denied by the previous forum about 75% of the time I tried to login. Haven't had a single problem yet with the new version. I'm fine with the white background and the font color could be darkened a little, but it isn't a real problem. My # 1 suggestion would be to have the threads go to the most recent post by default - looks like it still goes to the first post by default.

Anyway, very nice work overall, Siek! I'm glad to see the TWFC Forums in good shape.

June 13, 2012 at 2:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Carl Grimes

I agree about the font being darker if possible:)

--

"Social Justice Warriors are a disease and I am the cure"

Xbox One Tag: ChokingVictim87

June 13, 2012 at 3:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

glenntwd

It's simple and user-friendly. The text is soft on the eyes.

--

Hilltoppin'.

June 13, 2012 at 4:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SIEKONE
Site Owner

I'm trying to darking the fonts, hmmmm...still trying

--

June 13, 2012 at 4:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SIEKONE
Site Owner

GOT IT!!

--