Forums

Forum Home > Video games > The Walking Dead episode 3 walkthrough/spoilers

undeadpizzaboy
Warning: this walkthrough is based off of my choices. Episode three takes place not to long after the events of episode two. It starts of with you(Lee) and Kenny going through the town of Macon on a supply run. The ladder Kenny climbs will fall as soon as you go to climb it. Instead go to the jeep, grab the hook and apply it to the gas tank kenny is on.. A woman will emerge into the street followed by several walkers. You will have the option to shoot her and put her out of her misery or use her as a distraction. Upon leaving her to die you and kenny will enter the drug store..You have a limited amount of time to grab as much supplies as possible before your distraction dies.Upon her death walkers will swarm the store. While attempting to leave the store the door and two walkers will fall on you..Kenny will do nothing leaving you to push them off. Run towards the door and be stopped by another zombie..fight him off and climb out the hole in the wall. You arrive at the motel. Lily complains about stolen medical supplies and has a fight with everyone. Go upstairs and talk to Carley who advises you to come out to everyone about your criminal past. Come talk to Lily again and she will give you a broken flashlight which she believes to be evidence towards the medicine thief. Duck has heard everything and to buy his silence he becomes your sidekick. Talk to Katja about the flashlight and she remarks that there is broken glass next to the ice machine. Go to the ice machine, examine the glass and the chalk x on the wall beside it. Ask Clementine if she has pink chalf which she doesn't. Duck will run up and tell you about some pink chalk ash by the gates. Examine the ash and go outside. Examine the grate on the wall and discover the medicine! Bring the medicine to Lily. After talking to Lily , Bandits come into the property and hold everyone at gun point. Distract them while Lily gets into position to shoot them. After dealing with the front men, more men emerge from the woods and you must cover everyone while they get to the RV. Shoot the men and the walkers that attack Duck and Katja and get out of the property. While driving Lily persecutes Ben and Carley accusing them of delivering the drugs to the bandits. After the RV gets a walker stuck under it Kenny stops to unloge it. After more heated discussion Lily asks Kenny if she thinks Ben was the mole or not..Before he can answer Lily performes THE ULTIMATE COCK BLOCK. Lily shoots Carley in the forehead. After getting the gun from Lily everyone piles into the RV again...Except for Carley. Everyone has Lily on 24/7 watch..Katja reveals that Duck was bitten back at the motel. After a nightmare about being eaten by Clementine you arrive at an abondoned train. Investigate the compartments with Ben. Go to the Front train and Kenny will appear. Investigate the paper on the side with pages torn out. Go to the Rv and grab a pencil...Lily will ask you to take the rv and run away with her. Say no and she pushes you out of the rv and leaves. Take the pencil and color on the paper. Revealing how to work the train..Put the codes in. The train will work but you need to unhook the trains. Go grab a wrench and head to the other side of the middle compartment. Use the wrench to unhook the trains. You meet a new character damned Chuck.Everyone piles in and you're on your way. On the way Duck coughs blood. Katja asks you to clean his mouth and to get Kenny to stop the train. Talk with Kenny, kick his ass, and beat some sense into him...he stops the train. And talks about duck with you and Katja. They decide to have a moment alone in the woods. Katja shoots herself and you leave Duck in the woods. Get back on the train and talk to Clementine. She says Chuck said she would die. Talk to Chuck. Follow Chucks advice and teach Clem how to shoot and cut her hair..take the nearby whiskey to Chuck.Have a drink with Chuck and invite Kenny. Grab the map while Kenny is gone and bring it to Clementine..after talking to Clementine the train stops due to a Oil truck blocking the road in the weirdest way possible. You meet two new characters odim and Christa. Go to the nearby House with Clementine. Hold clementine in the slot above the door and she unlocks it. Enter and put Clem through the other door hole above and drop her in.Two walkers attack you and you beat them down with the wrench. No time to relax, a third walker is in the cage with clem. Clem bring you the keys, you unlock the door, get the gun and shoot him. Christa comes in a d questions your parenting..Grab the blow torch, meet Odim near the tanker..The blow torch has a hole in the house..use the tape in the nearby truck to fix it..the tanker falls farther down..Hold Odim above the edge while he blow torches..A herd is headed your way. Convine Odim to jump on the train. Help odim into the train and both he and Christa survive. The end.
August 28, 2012 at 11:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Niupon

Great walkthrough undeadpizza!

I must said the serie is getting better and better, in my   opinion it is getting way more interesting than mostly of the story arcs from the comic  book.

This  time it had a lot of action (fighting walkers in the drugstore, bandits + zombies in the motel, zombies in the train station) suprise moments the death  of Doug/Carly by Lilly, Lilly getting crazy and ranaway with the RV (probably she will end in Woodbury), the death of Duck... dude!!! that was really sad... i must say i didnt feel sad or pity when Sophie showed up zombified and shoot by Rick... there was no bond nor anything that can make people sad for her being out of the show (other than  feelings related to the Sophie of the comic) anyways... the writers created a bond with Duck.. the goofy kid who tough was Robin when he help you finding who was the mole  ... I made Lee put him away really dramatic moment

the writers did a good job with this episode, there was a lot of dialogues (it took me more than 2 hours to finish this episode because of the rich dialogues)  this episode had some frozen moments whiel charging  and for seconds the voices didnt follow the animate action but thats something who probably will be fix with an update.. other than that this was a solid episode highly recomended, to me the best episode so far

It seems that they deleted the chapter about woodbury and only show the part when Lilly took the RV.. maybe they change that part because soemthing will be developpe with the upcoming novel? who knows... but Lilly was completly out of her mind and paranoid so she might be the one who shoot Lori.. or like Kirkman said  a few days ago.. might be the other Lilly the one form the novel

I hope next episode will be out before with the novel and they dont try to push it to the premiere week of the tvshow

August 29, 2012 at 10:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Niupon

since this is the post with spoilers here i share with all of you the trailer for episode 4... this trailer shows up once  you finish the game

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/08/29/the-walking-dead-the-game-episode-4-around-every-corner-trailer

August 29, 2012 at 2:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

undeadpizzaboy
Sweet trailer Niupon! Who is the mystery man? So much mystery. Thanks..Did you have trouble with the train?
--

the zomboligist.

August 29, 2012 at 2:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Niupon

I did, mostly because i didnt know where  to  find the pencil  ... so i went trought the train many times till i found it inside the RV... i dont understand how Lilly removed the cables who had her captive... i was kinda mad about how much time took me to get the train ready.. but after that came the Duck part.. dude.. it almost made teary eyes 

Episode 3:  10/10 !!

August 29, 2012 at 3:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

undeadpizzaboy
I couldn't find the pencil either!! I tried to unhook the trains with every tool there was. I was sad about duck although he annoyed me before...Carley's death upset me the most..I know Kenny was my predetermined right hand man but I felt that she was mine.
--

the zomboligist.

August 29, 2012 at 3:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Niupon

I had 2 game saves.. one wiht Carley and the other with Doug.. lastnight i played with Doug and he also got dispatched by Lilly... I wonder if theres a way to save them .. in the end the teenage kid confess he was the mole... i dont think he is going to make it to episode 5 hahaha

Lee needs to find a girl... i tought he will hook up  with Lilly... but now with Lilly and Carley  gone the only option left is Christa... and she is already doubting on Leen and concern about his "parenting" skills

Now that Kenny is alone I wonder if he will become kinda suicidal in his actions .. Clementine better watch out of Chucky...  that guy looks like a child molester

August 29, 2012 at 4:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

undeadpizzaboy
That episode was a GIANT character genocide.. The group is just destroyed. I think The mystery voice may be someone involed in Lee's trial.
--

the zomboligist.

August 29, 2012 at 5:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Niupon

no doubt!

theres only 3 remaining characters (Lee, clem, Kenny) from the 10 survivors showed in episode 1

August 29, 2012 at 5:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Carl Grimes

For some reason its 10:25pm here and I still cant download it on my Mac via steam:\

--

"Social Justice Warriors are a disease and I am the cure"

Xbox One Tag: ChokingVictim87

August 29, 2012 at 5:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Niupon

Carl Grimes at August 29, 2012 at 5:36 PM

For some reason its 10:25pm here and I still cant download it on my Mac via steam:\

hi Carl

here is what Telltale Games have wrote in their FB about the Mac-Steam download:

"The Walking Dead: The Game

Update: For everyone anxiously awaiting the release of The Walking Dead Episode 3 for PC and MAC we will be live by 6pm PST today through the TTG Store, Steam, Origin and our other digital partners. We appreciate your support of The Walking Dead and we are excited for you to experience the episode."

So from now it is 2 hours and a half left 

August 29, 2012 at 6:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

undeadpizzaboy
Did anyone find this walkthrough useful? I'd like to make aepisodes 1 and 2 walkthroughs. I'll probbaly try to make it more organized.
--

the zomboligist.

September 1, 2012 at 9:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tym

Well, I had already finished it when I read your walkthrough, and I made most of the same choices you did - so it wasn't particularly useful to me. But it seemed thorough and direct; it was a good play by play of the episode. If I had been stuck on a spot, this probably would have helped me figure it out.

The only piece of constructive criticism I'd offer for future walkthroughs is: work on your formatting. It's a little tough to read, just being one giant wall of text. Break it down into paragraphs, and even give chapter headings. It seems like you already know that could be improved though, since you mentioned trying to do other ones more organized.

September 6, 2012 at 12:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tym

Niupon at August 29, 2012 at 4:39 PM

I had 2 game saves.. one wiht Carley and the other with Doug.. lastnight i played with Doug and he also got dispatched by Lilly... I wonder if theres a way to save them .. in the end the teenage kid confess he was the mole... i dont think he is going to make it to episode 5 hahaha

Lee needs to find a girl... i tought he will hook up  with Lilly... but now with Lilly and Carley  gone the only option left is Christa... and she is already doubting on Leen and concern about his "parenting" skills

Now that Kenny is alone I wonder if he will become kinda suicidal in his actions .. Clementine better watch out of Chucky...  that guy looks like a child molester

Haha! I thought the same thing about Chucky. There was that one part, after he had just been introduced, where I talked to him when he was sitting off with the kids and Kat - and he gestured to Clem and made that comment about 'I really like this one; she's got spirit' (or however he phrased it) all creepy like, and I was like OH HELL NO! I thought for sure that scene in the teaser for episode 3, where Clem had the gun, was going to be her shooting Charles for trying to molest her.

Yeah, I feel like it's just a matter of time before Kenny does something crazy now. Even though I kinda feel bad for him for losing his family, I still think he's a douchebag. It seems like every episode there's a point in the game where he can help you and he doesn't; then he gets all pissy if you don't put yourself at risk for him or his fam. And that 'oh, I had to drop a brick on Larry's face to stop him from coming back' attitude didn't carry over when his kid was going to turn. Bastard.

September 6, 2012 at 1:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

undeadpizzaboy
Yeah Tym I noticed it after I posted..I'm seperating the next ones into chapters.
--

the zomboligist.

September 6, 2012 at 3:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Niupon

it totally will be a great add to the website a special banner or area where  it could be "storage" in order : the reviews from the comics, reviews from the tv episodes, reviews/waltrought of each episode of the Video Game, review of the TWD novels...

Siekone  what do you think about it? if Jimmy has a space in the main menu, do you think it could be possible to at some point  also have  a special section with the reviews/walktroughts made by the members of "The Walking Dead Fan Club"?

Of course... only material related to The Walking Dead

September 6, 2012 at 3:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

undeadpizzaboy
Actually If I keep doing this I'd post it to the roamers are coming..I need to get people posting on that site..I'm a mod on there..its me , Nina, and ZH. Check it out Niupon!
--

the zomboligist.

September 6, 2012 at 3:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

undeadpizzaboy
Hey Niupon I'm up for some black ops tonight if you're up to it. If any other psn players are reading this we need two more players for a full team. Say anything and I'll add you.
--

the zomboligist.

September 7, 2012 at 5:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Niupon

undeadpizzaboy at September 7, 2012 at 5:40 AM

Hey Niupon I'm up for some black ops tonight if you're up to it. If any other psn players are reading this we need two more players for a full team. Say anything and I'll add you.

tonight my country national soccer team will be playing a qualification match for the World Cup 2014 so i might be getting on ps3 around 11pm east time ... I dont know if i will make it but if i see you online for sure we can play some zombie maps 8)

wich zombie maps did you and your friends usually plays?

September 7, 2012 at 10:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

undeadpizzaboy
I'll play any map but I prefer kino, call of the dead, ascension, moon and the classic maps.
--

the zomboligist.

September 7, 2012 at 2:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.