Forums

Forum Home > The Walking Dead Comic Discussion > Issue 103 Discussion- "No Homo" Spoilers Ahead

Carl Grimes

Ok,cool issue.Heres a breakdown,enjoy!

* Jesus is hot on the heals of Dwight who is heading back to Negans group. While throwing a zombie off an overpass onto the road below he is nearly spotted by Dwight but is lucky.

*Back at Alexandria,Andrea is unhappy with Rick letting Dwight go and submitting to Negans rule,telling Rick she is moving out.Rick is forced to confide in Andrea his plan with Jesus to which she is happy about and decides to stay.

*Carl is unhappy about Ricks decisions and is ignoring his father or being defiant.

*Negan and his men arrive at the gates of Alexandria and demand to be let in for their "tribute". Rick tells the community to let them in.

*Negan comments that Ricks group has it made and enquires about how many houses are occupied.He hands Rick Lucille to mind and asks for the grand tour,commenting that he wont take any food for now as team Grimes has barely enough as it is,but his men will still be making a sweep of all the houses for anything else.

*Carl tells Negan that he doesnt know who he is messing with and is gonna be sorry,to which Negan tries intimitating Carl.Rick tells Carl to be quite which he does begrudgingly.

*Heath calls for Rick panicked as Denise Cloydd is holding a gun to one of The Saviours who is taking some of her medical supplies.Negan says they are only taking half to which Denise tells the others that they are only helping themselves to morphine,oxycontin and other addictive drugs.

*Rick tries to explain that they need some of these things for serious medical emergencys but Negan cuts him off threating to take more "soft" goods instead.

*Negans goes to leave,but on forgetting to retrieve Lucille from Rick turns around and collects her,leaing in and telling Rick that he figureitvly just  "sucked Negans dick and thanked him for it"

--

"Social Justice Warriors are a disease and I am the cure"

Xbox One Tag: ChokingVictim87

October 16, 2012 at 10:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Carl Grimes

PS-I have started updating my Walking Dead Tumblr again so you can check stuff out on there etc

http://wearethewalkingdead.tumblr.com/

--

October 16, 2012 at 10:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SIEKONE
Site Owner

I think Carl is going to either, 

A: kill neegans group

B: Get killed in the process

C: kills rick and starts banging andrea

--

October 16, 2012 at 11:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Carl Grimes

I think judging by the upcoming covers that Carl goes after Negan,gets trapped by walkers and has to get Rick,Jeus,Andrea and Michonneto save him.Or he just guns the Saviours down!

--

October 16, 2012 at 1:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Niupon

Carl Grimes at October 16, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I think judging by the upcoming covers that Carl goes after Negan,gets trapped by walkers and has to get Rick,Jeus,Andrea and Michonneto save him.Or he just guns the Saviours down!

I can see that happening, besides even in the TV Show they  are making Carl developing his survival and zombie-killing skills.

Not long ago Kirkman did mention in case he have to take Rick out of the comic Carl will be the choosen one to lead the upcoming issues

October 16, 2012 at 2:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Carl Grimes

Totally

--

October 16, 2012 at 3:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Nina

As far as CARL taking things over; Carl is still a kid.  Hasn't even touched puberty yet.  He has a LONG way to go before he has what it takes to lead these people.  CARL is also very angry right now.  He needs a level head in making decisions or he's going to get himself killed.

I think it was friggin' AWESOME that Carl stood up to NEGAN like he did.  I know NEGAN wouldn't retaliate on Carl (or even kill someone in front of Carl).  NEGAN's BIGGEST weakness (as all "bad guys'" weakness) is they're too dang arrogant!  They think they're invincible.  NEGAN doesn't see any threats against him.  SO BRAVO Carl!  I'm very impressed and proud of you!  You did what none of the other adults had bravery/courage to do!  And it's not much, but it's a start!

This issue had a few zombie killings...that's good and satisfying!  In my opinion, evey issue should have at least 1 zombie kill.  Killing zombies is SO satisfying!

Glad RICK can trust ANDREA.  I just wanna know what RICK's plan is (which I'm sure we'll learn about very soon, and I'm sure it'll be friggin' awesome).  NEGAN's first appearance was super scary (seeing all those guys jump out of the military truck).  But in this issue, (despite his potty mouth), he was quite polite and reasonable.  He wasn't a bully and even complimented RICK on the community.  When NEGAN talked about the empty houses, I expected NEGAN to suggest he was going to leave a coulpe guys behind to "help keep the place safe" (or spy on TEAM GRIMES).  But, guess he didn't.

Decent issue over all.  I suppose what helped this issue was the background knowledge that we have, Rick is planning something.  So we know the time is ticking!

--

When in a highly public place, I often [secretly] observe my sorroundings and the people around me and ask myself, "If 99% of the people around me were zombies...and I had but seconds to respond, what would my plan be?" ~ Nina, Zombie enthusiast

October 17, 2012 at 11:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vinnie

Rick's plan is to gather intel and eventually ambush The Saviours. Would have been tempting to pop Neagan at the gate. Looks like as usual they were mostly equipped with melee weapons and they've proven a less than enthusiastic army when taking casualties. I suppose the worry is that they are running low on ammo, and if it came to hand to hand within the walls then Alexandria would be toast.

Pretty ballsy move showing up in person, in the open, at their gate. I suppose you gotta do stuff like that to maintain an aura of invincibility.

October 17, 2012 at 12:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Carl Grimes

If I was Rick I would have gunned em all down before they got in seeming as they all had melee weapons

--

October 17, 2012 at 12:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SilenceOz

I dont think Carl is going to be stupid enough to try and take down Negan alone.
I hope not, after watching the TV show im not so keen on him being a stupid kid in the comic too.

No idea on what Rick's plan is, hope its good and not just "Shoot em all".

I want some awesome intricate plan that is a complete shock, also Andrea and Carl and "Jesus" better be awesomely involved.

:D

October 17, 2012 at 12:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Niupon

I just finish reading this issue  for second time and  I think is a really good issue

Negan reminds me a lot to those classic gang members... teasing people, trying to looks as he is a savior and understandeable leader. it suprise me he didnt wanted to get the weapons  or ammo  from Alexandria.

I doubt Carl will go after Negan but you can tell he is getting kinda crazy about it.. so it wont suprise me if he will try to make an adventure in the zombie lands to find supplies or trace Negan people... who knows but for sure he will get in soem kinda troubles in the next issues

I felt kinda dissapointed to only  find 3 pages dedicate to Jesus.

October 17, 2012 at 2:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

idontshiv

I think Negan was surprised that Rick has no gag reflex.:P

October 17, 2012 at 7:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Darby

I want at least 25 issues of this Negan situation.  A nice good long main arc is what this series needs. and pffft to eveyone who hates how Negan talks. The man is amazing.

--

October 17, 2012 at 9:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ZombieHero

I agree with Darby. This arc needs to be extended. While in the begining I hated how Negan talked, I see now how the dialog plays into his character and actually makes him deeper. I still hate the pee pee time crap, cause he's a grown man. best line of the whole issue was Negan's closing line "In case you haven't caught on, I just slid my dick down your throat, and you thanked me for it". Totally could see Darby or Red saying this.

As for the biggest bad ass and ballsiest character, that award goes to Rick. Yeah it's popular to jump on the Carl train or Negan train, but really think about what Rick is doing. He's playing the long con. He's thinking twelve steps ahead instead of just reacting. How much will power did it take to not strike Negan with Lucielle. To tell Dr. Clyodd to stand down. To let his son be threatened like that? I really love this version of Rick.

--

I'm a Detective for lost souls, I'm the hero for the damned, I am Zombie Hero

October 17, 2012 at 9:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ZombieHero

PS - Carl totally snuck onto Negans caravan and is really going to fuck everything up. I hope he dies this arc, really bad I hope

--

October 17, 2012 at 9:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

glenntwd

ZH, I can see Carl doing that (again), but how? There are too many of Rick's AND Negan's eyes. I don't remember how close Negan's camp is to Alexandria, but it's far enough that you can't reach it on foot without getting caught or surrounded by walkers. Jesus can do it because of experience, but Carl is just a kid. He will make bad decisions. So it's more plausible for Carl to steal/borrow a vehicle to get there. 

Also, I noticed that the Saviors took (half?) the mattresses. That sucks!

This issue does feel like a fresh start in a way and I'm excited about where it goes. 

Do you guys think we'll ever see Maggie and Sophia again?  I just have this sad feeling that, for all its intents and purposes, Maggie and Sophia are dead, at least to the story, even though they are probably still alive....because they are no longer with Rick's group. Thoughts please. 

--

Hilltoppin'.

October 18, 2012 at 10:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ZombieHero

Carl probably stowed away in the trucks, behind some boxes

--

October 18, 2012 at 10:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Carl Grimes

Good thinking,i wonder if he did and they capture him and throw him to the walkers

--

October 18, 2012 at 11:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

glenntwd
Possible. Carl's death would be THE gamechanger, next to Rick's death. I don't want him to die, but just saying.
--

Hilltoppin'.

October 18, 2012 at 5:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ZombieHero

Rick can replace him with whatever he and Andrea procreate

--

October 18, 2012 at 10:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.