Forums

Forum Home > General discussion > OFFICIAL: THE WALKING DEAD # 62 (Spoilers!)

Carl Grimes

Ok,first up:Another awsome issue that sets the stage for alot of future events (Michonne and Morgan,Carl's growing up quickly,Glen and Maggie "maybe" thinking of leaving the group etc).

The Hunters:Really creepy how he was just watching Andrea and there faces are still obscured,how many issues is that gonna keep up?:mad:

Dale:Heres my theory and it does make alot of sense after reading Dales kidnap by the Hunters.

What if the whole "Hunt Arc" teasers (The Dead do not stalk/track/Watch/Hunt etc) are implied towards Dale and not the group as a whole.Heres the thing:

Thye kidnapped Dale.Now what if they let him go/hes escapes and tries to warn the others.The Hunters could do that as some perverse game,hence they would be "tracking" Dale,"watching" Dale and then the cover with him on,"Hunting" Dale.

Does that make sense?

--

"Social Justice Warriors are a disease and I am the cure"

Xbox One Tag: ChokingVictim87

June 11, 2009 at 2:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rick's Stump

Interesting idea Carl. Dale is seen on the cover of issue #65 through the target site of a gun. I think you right. these guys like to hunt prey. Their own version of "The Most Dangerous Game". With all the Dale hating going on Kirkman could make Dale the hero in the end of the Hunters arc.

Do you think he's scratched/bitten or shot in his shoulder? That is going to be a factor in the story I'm sure.

--

repectthestumpB.jpg picture by argo1965

June 11, 2009 at 2:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Carl Grimes

Well,he might have been bitten and thats why hes leaving the camp.To save Andrea and the rest the pain of putting him outta his misery.He knows that if it IS a bite and because of the area its in,amputation is not an option.

As for what you mention Stump,thats exactly what Im getting at.They want to hunt Dale for the thrill of it.Maybe let him go then see if they can catch him before he warns the others

--

"Social Justice Warriors are a disease and I am the cure"

Xbox One Tag: ChokingVictim87

June 11, 2009 at 3:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Joseph

But the Hunters were saying they would rather have Andrea but instead they took Dale. I don't think Dale was bit though, if it was it would've left a huge mark and he'd be bleeding a lot more and in a lot more pain and I also doubt he was shot by some random bulltet because they also would've shown that. And in the other panels where his shoulder is in sight, it looks like his shirt was a little bit ripped or torn like Dale said. How come no one's talking about Abe and Rosita sex panel? When was the last time we saw one of those in TWD? haha just a random mention. And there might a few tiny screws loose in Eugene's head.

June 11, 2009 at 6:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rick's Stump

It might not be a bite. A scratch from a zed would get infected just like a bite. Takes longer for someone to turn. if the hunters don't see Dales wound, they be be in trouble.

--

June 11, 2009 at 6:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

redhollywood

What about Eugene watching? There is something weird going on there. Something is not right with him. 

--

I am the bee's knees. I vomit greatness and shit glory. Jesus got nothing on me.

June 12, 2009 at 8:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rick's Stump

redhollywood at 08:52AM on Jun 12, 2009

What about Eugene watching? There is something weird going on there. Something is not right with him. 

:lol: You think? It's creepy that they let him.

--

June 12, 2009 at 9:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Monoxide

Rick's Stump at 09:04AM on Jun 12, 2009

About that, the panels didn't really make sense to me in that part. It didn't look like he was looking through a window and if he was, he was pretty far from the car. Not sure how he saw it.

June 12, 2009 at 9:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rick's Stump

Monoxide at 09:16AM on Jun 12, 2009

Rick's Stump at 09:04AM on Jun 12, 2009

About that, the panels didn't really make sense to me in that part. It didn't look like he was looking through a window and if he was, he was pretty far from the car. Not sure how he saw it.

Your right, it's an odd angle. I don't want to know what he's doing with his hand. :(

--

June 12, 2009 at 9:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Monoxide

By now we know that everyone isn't all there in the head. It seems to be starting to be more apparant. Morgan is sketchy, Eugene is sketchy, Carl is losing it...

June 12, 2009 at 9:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rick's Stump

Monoxide at 09:25AM on Jun 12, 2009

By now we know that everyone isn't all there in the head. It seems to be starting to be more apparant. Morgan is sketchy, Eugene is sketchy, Carl is losing it...

Is Carl losing it? He's putting into effect what his father has been saying. Rick needs to wake up and see what his son is changing into. Rick could have something worst the Ben on his hands.

--

June 12, 2009 at 9:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

redhollywood

I think carl is just growing up. He is being forced to age more quickly to survive. I think there may come a point when he guides the group and gets them going. I think he may end up being the hero and saving everyone. 

--

I am the bee's knees. I vomit greatness and shit glory. Jesus got nothing on me.

June 13, 2009 at 8:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rick's Stump

redhollywood at 08:04AM on Jun 13, 2009

I think carl is just growing up. He is being forced to age more quickly to survive. I think there may come a point when he guides the group and gets them going. I think he may end up being the hero and saving everyone. 

That would be cool but I don't see it happening soon. He needs to be a little bit older. If the series has him age. It's going to be a loooonnnngggg time. :lol:

--

June 13, 2009 at 9:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

redhollywood

I hope the series is still around when I am 60.

--

June 13, 2009 at 10:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dale's Peg Leg

From my Image post:

• "Dale gettin' popped?" ~ Uhh, wouldn't we hear gun shots? I know the group wasn't firing guns because Abe would have freaked if they had. I'd love for it to be an actual bite, just to see at the last possible moment for the hunters, to be wiped out by Dale, and the group be saved. Also, I think that's why he was leaving. Because, we all know he wouldn't leave without Andrea, and had nothing to kill himself with. I think he was wondering into the woods so he could safely turn.

• "Dale, tastes like chicken?" ~ Okay, so even I thought this one for a bit. It was confirmed HERE that they are hunting for fun. That is a good point about rather having a women to pro-create, more targets maybe?

• "Dale, the new worms?" ~ Nope. Look again at that CBR article. They said that the hunters want more of a challenge than zombies. So, why bait him?

• "I stalked Team Grimes and all I got was this lousy old man?" ~ I think they're dissapointed with Dale because she's more of a challenge. A healthy, strong, smart girl like her? It's more of a challenge than an old, peg-legged, depressed man like him.

• "Carry on my wayward sonnnnnnnnn." ~ No way, Carl loves his dad way to much to just leave him. His survival of the fittest attitude is really only against Dale and Rick pretty much believes the same thing, notice how he doesn't stick up for Dale, he just looks shocked and walks away.

• "Michonne and Morgan sittin' in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G?" ~ I can see why she would want to, I mean no other guy is left, that isn't wearing a mullet, a relitivly recent widower, or a priest.

--

The OTHER Amputee.

June 14, 2009 at 6:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MR. ZED HEAD 2.0

damn at rosita,  got her plumming fixed by abraham

--

MRH?

June 14, 2009 at 7:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rick's Stump

If you look at the final panels with Dale, it looks like he went to take a leak. He's holding something in front of him and looking down.

--

June 14, 2009 at 7:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dale's Peg Leg

Yes, but when he heard, what he thought was Rick, why did he get so defence being "Don't try to stop me Rick, I'm --." If he was trying to pee, A) why didn't he start going already? and B) Why would Rick try to stop him? If I'm peeing and someone comes up to me, I'm just saying, "Hey, peeing here." 

--

The OTHER Amputee.

June 14, 2009 at 9:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MR. ZED HEAD 2.0

amputee mania

--

MRH?

June 14, 2009 at 9:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dave

I think the only reason why Michonne likes Morgan is because he's black.  If you remember what Michonne said to Tyreese, she made it very clear that she thinks little of white women.  Which could allude to her thoughts on white men.  I got the impression that she only trusted blacks and only stuck with Team Grimes based on their ability to keep her alive.  She only seemed to cry after Tyreese's death.

I think there will definitely be a conflict of father versus son in the future.  It's a fucking classic.  Look at Star Wars, for Christ's sake.  Oedipus Rex is another that touches on father-son conflict.  A Clockwork Orange is a legendary example of young versus old.  Carl is becoming very angry and is changing.

There will be blood.

Dale might very well have been bitten or scratched and that's a fair presumption.  It would be a good death for Dale if he went as a zombie who saved Team Grimes.  Dale may be a total pain in the ass right now, but he is a long-lived character who deserves a death lacking vain and respect.

Then again, Kirkman killed off Lori, Tyreese, Hershel, and Axel; all of whom gave an unbelievable amount to the team.  For one, I am still crushed over the loss of Lori and Judy.  I guess I'm just a pussy.

Eugene's voyueristic nature is... unnerving.  But I think it's just his own jealousy and lonliness.  Queen had it right.  Everybody needs somebody to love.  I think Kirkman is going to dispatch Eugene in a hail of bullets with Abraham over Rosita.  Cowboy Bebop style.

If you never saw the end of Cowboy Bebop, then I won't spoil it.

I am excited to see this arc.  I'm gonna have to smoke a pack a day to get my mind off this shit.  Abe can get his own smokes, I had to kill a man over my pack.

June 15, 2009 at 3:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.